Epic Homes respects the privacy of individuals who visit our web sites, send us e-mail, or participate in features/services we offer online. Accordingly, our policy regarding online privacy has been developed in conjunction with legal requirements and includes the following guiding principles:
Epic Homes collects information online primarily to provide our visitors with a more relevant experience on our sites. When doing so, we will make every reasonable effort to avoid excessive or irrelevant collection of data to limit our collection of personal information to that which is necessary to fulfill the purposes we have identified to you. Epic Homes will take reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure any information you provide to us (e.g., data will be stored in protected databases on secured servers with restricted access). We collect, use and store your personal information in Canada. However, we may use service providers who process or store information outside of Canada. In accordance with the laws of those countries, in certain circumstances your personal information may be accessible by foreign law enforcement, regulatory bodies or other authorities.
Epic Homes will not share any information you have provided to us with anyone without your consent other than to provide the service you’ve requested (or as otherwise required or permitted by law).
Information We Accumulate
The term, “personal information” refers to information that specifically identifies you as an individual and is provided to or collected by us. It usually does not include your business contact information.
We collect information that is relevant for the purpose of providing services, websites and mobile applications, meeting our legal obligations, advertising and marketing our services and, in some cases, the products and services of our clients (which includes retailers and occupants of our properties), and researching and developing new products and techniques to improve our services, business, websites, and mobile applications.
Examples of some of the personal information that we collect and use are:
- Requests. If you communicate with us to request customer assistance or services, we will collect information that is necessary to respond to your request. This may include contact information, details of your request and our response.
- Registration Information. If you register for email communications, we will collect your email address. If you enter a contest or promotion, we will collect personal information from you to administer the contest or promotion. When you create an account with us, including through our mobile applications, you provide us with registration information (this may include your name, email address, and password). We use this information to process your registration request and to authenticate you. We may also use this information to personalize our products and services for you.
- Location Information. We use location-based information to understand how our services are used, and to provide you with location-based offers. In addition, if you are logged into one of our mobile applications, we will receive location data about your device from GPS-enabled devices and from third-party telecommunications services.
- Social Media. We may collect information through social media when you post information that mentions us or our services. We only collect this information if your privacy settings permit us to see your post. We use this information to understand what our visitors, customers and clients are sharing.
- Facebook Ads from Epic Homes. We may display interest-based ads to you when you are using Facebook. We do this using tools that Facebook makes available to us. Using a tool provided by Facebook, we convert your e-mail address or telephone number that you provided to us to a unique number that Facebook uses to match to unique numbers that Facebook generates from information you provided to Facebook. We also use Facebook pixel tags on our website that allows Facebook to recognize that you visited our website. These tools allow Facebook to show you Facebook Ads from Epic Homes and will provide us with analytics information regarding the effectiveness of Facebook Ads from Epic Homes. You may opt-out of customized ads by adjusting your Facebook Ads setting on Facebook or selecting “Why am I seeing this” in the Facebook Ad from Epic Homes. You may also opt-out of us using your e-mail address or telephone number to create personalized Facebook Ads from Epic Homes by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may opt-out of Facebook pixel tags by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Transaction Information. We collect information such as your name, address and payment information if you enter into a commercial relationship with us. We will also collect contact information to deliver communications and services to you.
- Usage Information. We collect information on how you use our websites and mobile applications, and how you respond to our advertising and promotional communications.
- Browser and Device Information. In some cases, we may be able to associate you with a browser or device that you use to access our websites or use our mobile applications. We collect browser and device information such as browser type and version, operating system and device type in order to properly format information for your device and to recognize you when you return to our websites. We may also use device information such as MAC address or other device identifiers to deliver relevant promotions and offers, and to customize your online experience.
- Applications for Employment. If you seek employment with us, we will collect information that you provide to us in connection with your employment application, which may include previous work experience, education, and other relevant information. We use this information to assess your suitability for employment with us.
We may also collect other information as we develop new products, services and techniques for delivering improved or personalized services to you.
We are continually innovating. We may use all of the information we collect to conduct research and development for new products, services and business methods, as well as to continually improve our ability to detect and address potential security issues, improve the effectiveness of our marketing and make the Service better for our users.
How We Use Your Information
We collect and use the personal information you submit only as is necessary to operate, maintain and provide to you the features and functionality of our sites and services or as otherwise permitted or required by PIPA or other applicable laws.
Some of the personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to us through the Site (for instance, in profiles or other user content you post) becomes available to the public. If you remove such content, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your user content.
By providing us with your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You may not opt out of some service-related communications. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including changes to features of the Site and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out at any time by clicking “Unsubscribe” in any e-mail we send you. If you e-mail us directly, we may e-mail you back and keep records of all of our correspondence.
Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements or offers.
Epic Homes may use certain personal information about you and/or your user content. We do this for such purposes as analyzing how the Service is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing advertisements and promotions.
Our third party web analytics partner employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. The information gathered by clear gifs is not tied to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
We use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to assist us with the display of video content on our site. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here:
Third Party Tracking:
Third parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use this website.
How We Disclose Your Information
Epic Homes may share your personal information with third parties for the purpose of providing services to you. We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of the Service (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers). We do not sell, rent, or trade consumer information to third parties, other than as described below.
In the event that Epic Homes sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, user information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of Epic Homes are acquired, user information may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
We may share non-personal information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Epic Homes services.
Non-personal information may be collected about your usage of the Site and aggregated with data from other users (“Aggregate Data”). This Aggregate Data is anonymous. Aggregate Data is collected to build higher quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users. We may provide statistical information based on this data to advertisers and other current and potential business partners.
How We Protect Your Information
Epic Homes uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Epic Homes and you do so at your own risk. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time; there is no guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from Epic Homes, at all times.
Unauthorized Disclosure of Personal information
Your Choices About Your Personal information
You may withdraw your consent to us collecting, using or disclosing your personal information at any time by giving us reasonable notice, unless doing so will frustrate performance of a legal obligation (such a contract between you and our organization). If you withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose personal information you have previously provided to us, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
Retention of Your Personal information
Accuracy of Your Personal information
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate and complete, but cannot necessarily verify the personal information you provide to us. If you wish to correct any errors or omissions in your personal information that is under our control, contact us using the information below.
If we are satisfied that your request for correction is reasonable, we will, as soon as reasonably possible, correct the personal information and send the updated personal information to each organization it was disclosed to in the year before the correction is made. If we do not correct your personal information, we will note the requested correction on copies of the personal information under our custody or control.
Correcting, Updating, Accessing or Deleting Your Personal Information
You have the right to access your personal information under our custody or control. A request for access to your personal information must be made in writing to the address below. We may require individuals to prove their identity before giving you access to your personal information.
We will provide you with: your personal information under our control, information about the ways in which such information is or has been used, and the names of the individuals and organizations to which such information has been disclosed. We will provide the requested personal information within 30 business days after it is requested or give you written notice if we need more time to respond.
PIPA allows us to charge a minimal fee for providing you with access to your personal information. If a fee is required, we will give you a written fee estimate in advance. We may require payment the fee before releasing the requested personal information.
In some cases, we may not give an individual access to certain personal information where authorized or required by PIPA to refuse access. If we refuse an access request, we will inform you in writing, stating the reasons for our refusal and outlining further steps that are available to you.
Links to Other Web Sites